.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bringing Home Nicholas

Come and follow our journey as we bring home the newest member of our family! Nicholas is 3 1/2 years old and waits for us in Jiangsu, China.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

The Part Where I Pout

Can I just say, "IT'S NOT FAIR!!!"

I do completely understand and respect that China has a responsibility to it's children and finding them the best possible homes. I know that some agencies translate their files first, then log them in and mine does it the other way around. So there are all sorts of good, logical reasons.

But my DTC to LID was 26 days. People that sent their files 3 days earlier had their files logged in week earlier than mine.

Now, people who sent their files in 2 weeks after mine have gotten their Travel Approval, and I don't have mine. In fact, my agency updated me today that mine file is still in review.

I know that we will not get a consulate appointment until after the Chinese New Year. I think I've accepted that. Justin and I have decided it would be a treat to travel during CNY - a once in a lifetime experience despite many shops/sites potentially being closed.

Nicholas's birthday is in February. I wouldn't mind being in China during that time, but please let my gottcha date be no later than his birthday! I will drive my family and coworkers crazy if I am still at home in another month!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home