.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Bringing Home Nicholas

Come and follow our journey as we bring home the newest member of our family! Nicholas is 3 1/2 years old and waits for us in Jiangsu, China.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Package still missing...

No update from the agency yesterday, except to give their holiday out-of-office days. I feel bad for them. People are upset that mail has been lost, but it is out of the agency's hands. They are trying to get the information another way, but people are already stressed with the holidays and emotions are running high. I hope that answers arrive soon for everyone, but they will come just as they are meant to and not a minute before.

I joked with my husband that our TA must be in the packet and God knows we won't be functional at work after it arrives, so that's why it's delayed. It will arrive tomorrow, the day we are scheduled to leave town for the holidays anyway so I won't be a disturbance to my co-workers.

Maybe we'll get really luck and get a CA appointment in the first half of January. We might not even have to go back to work before we need to head out to China, as the CA appointment is the last thing you do before heading home to the US - you've already been in China nearly 2 weeks at that point, and J and I are planning on heading to China a few days early to better adjust to the time zone changes.

In any case, we are packing tonight for both our holiday and China. We are heading to my family's in CA, and will be leaving our China suitcases in their care since we have to head out through San Francisco anyway. I've had Nicholas's suitcases packed for weeks, but I'm a little nervous about tearing through them all again tonight and making sure I have everything. I'll make an inventory list of each bag, so I can resist my OCD urges to open them again at a later date before we leave!!!

Please keep your fingers crossed for tomorrow. It is our son's 7th birthday and a TA would be a great way to celebrate. OF course, I think I said that for our anniversary on 12/14 as well. :-)

1 Comments:

At 7:29 AM, Blogger Away2me said...

Fingers crossed for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home